Structural Design Engineer
Job Type : Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for a Structural Design Engineer to join our team!
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic, detail-oriented Structural Design Engineer with a premier employer in Central Nebraska. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, has a background in the Agricultural manufacturing environment and has experience in product realization.
As a Structural Design Engineer, you will:
• Research, design, develop, test, and assist the manufacturing, installation, and support of steel equipment within the AG industry.
• Read and review project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
• Inspect project site and evaluate contractor work to detect design malfunctions and ensure conformance to design specifications and applicable codes.
• Conduct materials test and analysis on prototypes using tools and equipment and applying engineering knowledge.
• Understand and meet customer needs, comply with the industry’s design standards, keep a focus on superior quality and develop cost-effective solutions for the company.
• Interact regularly with engineering, sales, purchasing and manufacturing departments.
Who we are looking for:
You have excellent communication skills and the ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
You have experience using Autodesk Inventor or similar 3D parametric design software, and finite element analysis with RISA or Visual Analysis is desired.
You have a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited four-year program and 3-5 years of steel design experience.
About our client:
Our client is a global leader in the manufacture of agricultural steel equipment with an international footprint. Though their products can be found on farms as far as Russia, their long- standing tradition in Nebraska make them an outstanding client to work for.
Why work for our client?
Our client is committed to long-term relationships with both their customer and their employees. They are firm believers in promoting from within, opening-up advancement opportunities whenever possible. They are dedicated to supporting growers and providing the best technologies for the communities they impact. They also offer competitive employment package including vacation, paid holidays, and health insurance.