Supply Quality Engineer
Job Type : Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for a Supply Quality Engineer to join our team!
This is a great opportunity for a team driven, detail oriented Supply Quality Engineer within a premier employer in Eastern Nebraska. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, has a background in the manufacturing environment and has experience developing vendor relationships.
As the Supply Quality Engineer, you will:
• Serve as a subject matter expert to the suppliers as the need arises to address quality problems to determine root cause, corrective actions, and cost reduction
• Utilize the Six Sigma Process to analyze supplier quality issues and drive improvements.
• Develop and maintain communications about supplier quality issues in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and suppliers, by communicating openly, honestly and constructively, treating all employees with dignity, respect and courtesy.
• Work with strategic supplier’s management to focus supplier resources around quality improvements and cost reductions.
• Work with Global Supply Chain team to focus on critical issues related to cost of quality.
Who we are looking for:
• You have a creative, out of the box thought process.
• You have excellent people skills and can communicate with and inspire a team. Ability to build and nurture vendor relationships is a must.
• You have a B.S. from four-year college or university; and a minimum of five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
About our client:
Our client is a large-scale manufacturer focused on providing solutions for technically difficult finishing solutions for top brands. Based out of Eastern Nebraska, this ISO/TS certified facility is dedicated to providing high quality products in a cost efficient and timely manner, while maintaining an employee culture like no other.
Why work for our client?
Our client attributes their success to the growth of their employees. They have a close-knit, yet hard working environment, and have been names one of the 25 Best Medium Sized Companies to work for in the US! They are firm believers in training and promoting from within, opening up advancement opportunities whenever possible. Additionally, they offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.